Get Creative with Party Bags
While celebrating birthdays is a fantastic pastime, the favour bags that come home with your offspring after said party can often just be left by the wayside, once the sweets and cake are long gone.
Here at Little Cherry, we want to see paper party bags that live up to their full potential, and we’re sure you do, too. Utilise your creativity and you’ll end up with a party bag worthy of keeping. Party bags needn't cost the earth, though, with fancy toys and gadgets – we prefer to keep it simpleand make it personal.
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- If your party has a theme, design your bags around that. E.g. Pirates can have gold coins, Princesses should get sweet necklaces, and Dinosaurs feel at home with other dinosaur toys.
- Paper party bags can be jazzed up – adorn with stickers or glitter and add names for a nice personal touch.
- Buy some pick and mix, wrap a small amount in coloured paper tissue, and tie with ribbons for the wow factor.
- Make simple sugar biscuits and ice each one with a name – personalised biscuits are sure to go down well.
- Personalised keyrings or magnets are useful enough to be kept by parents – so get a nice photo of the kids together, before the party, for a favour they will love.
- Party blowers, streamers and bubbles seem like a good idea – for the party. Give these out at the start of the celebrations to keep mess to a minimum for other parents.
- Get crafty – give the little ones their party bags at the start of the party and get crafty with the contents. Mug painting, biodegradable paper plate self-portraits and even sock puppets are great ways to keep kids entertained. Plus, they end up with a nice gift to take home for their parents.
- Have the kids decorate cupcakes for an edible favour that won’t cost the earth and means you aren’t left with birthday cake for dinner three days later!
- Finally, of course, you can keep the party bag favourites: stickers, colouring pencils and lollies, but keep cheap plastic toys that will be long forgotten to a minimum – being wasteful is not very eco-friendly, after all!
Paper party bags and simple toys, along with eco-friendly party tableware and decorations are all available here at Little Cherry- have a browse for some inspiration today!